Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nostalgia



Every now and then, I find myself going through my old posts for inspiration.  I've been blogging for a while now, and it's given me the opportunity to experiment with my web identity.  I know a lot of you are new to my site, so here are a few throwback posts -- prepare yourselves for terrible picture quality, limited product selection and unfiltered thoughts.

I almost prefer the way I used to write on the blog -- it was much more of an instructable.  You can check out one of my favourite looks I've ever done here.  It was my version of an "editorial" look (in my defense, it seemed wild because it was before everyone got into this bright lip thing) and fully amped up the edge by making my model do a lot of awkward hand positioning.

Speaking of my model, a lot of you have never met her!  I call her Tod.  It's such a strange thought because there was a time when I was afraid of the internet and used her face as my own.  That is, I would pretend to be my roommate so I wouldn't have to share my identity.  It got especially funny when people started recognizing her and asking her for makeup advice.  The best Tod story I have on the blog is one of her horrendous first dates.  I wrote it in first person because I was planning to publish it before I came out.  It's still one of my favourite posts to date.

I recently posted about travel organization, but I don't know that my new readers completely understand how much I love travel containers.  Check out my post here -- all those containers are still valid.  And you're seeing right, I didn't even have regular access to a camera back then.  I do have one addition: I now use those Bath & Body Works anti-bac containers for shampoo, conditioner and body lotion when I travel.  They're easy to decant into and they are just squeezy enough to get all the product out.

While I much prefer the quality of my blog now, I really love some of my older posts.  I'm thinking about republishing them with my own photos and more accurate/applicable advice. What do you think?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar