Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple'



Yes, i know that you're probably rolling your eyes and muttering under your breath 'not another effing lip butter post' right now.. I shall attempt to keep this short, sweet and snappy. I think it's fair to say that everybody has heard about the recently launched Revlon Lip Butters by now, and i must admit i gave into the hype and treated myself to one as soon as they appeared on a drugstore shelf near me. After a great deal of swatching (i ended up with an arm full of colourful lines.. how attractive), i settled on 'Candy Apple' - a rich red shade.

The colour range is suprisingly quite decent. I thought being in the UK we would have our pick of about 3 shades, but i was impressed by the colour range available; everything from barely there nudes right up to bright pinks and reds. I noticed that the pigmentation of the lip butters varies slightly depending on the colour, which is why i opted for the red shade. The lighter shades didn't impress me too much - although more wearable - they didn't have as much colour pay off (and to be honest i'd rather have bought a Mac lippie for a few quid more).

I love the texture; very much a balmy consistency with a gloss finish comparable to that of an actual lip gloss which i personally love (i love the look of lipgloss but hate the feel of it so this is a great alternative for me if im feeling something a little more glossy). That said, they don't last as long as your average lipstick but they wear off gradually, 'Candy Apple' fades to a similar finish to a lip stain. 

I'm still unsure as to whether i would repurchase or not. They're a great idea and a good little addition to my makeup bag but i still need convincing if they're worth the £7.99 price tag - i'd probably still opt for a normal lipstick in future although the idea is fabulous if you're looking for something a little more wearable for everyday or if you're after something a bit more moisturising.

What are your thoughts on the Revlon Lip Butters?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar