Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Butter London, Here I Come!

After seeing so many hands grasping the butter LONDON nail polish bottle, I am finally holding one myself! And I thought this would never come... ...

I got this color in Hen Party, that is a really nice butter color. It looks so delicious and reminds me of breakfast. It has a really pretty blue hue that appears consistently, in the bottle, on my nails, and on the brush full of paint.


The butter LONDON bottles are really huge for nail polish, at 11ml each. I wonder when I can empty one of these bottles. And at only $25 (reasonable if compared to high-end brands), it offers the same posh feeling that Dior and Chanel gives, because it has a pull-up cap over a smaller screw cap.

Like Dior and Chanel, the smaller screw cap has the brand's icon printed on it, and it was a pleasant surprise for me. Even though there is a sticker on the side telling me to "Lift to open", I still tried to unscrew this cap the first time round, and thought the cap was stuck. LOL.


Then out comes the highly anticipated paint of butter LONDON!

The brush is a simple round flat top one that is standard. Again, I wish it is a flat tapered brush like Dior's and Rimmel Lycra Pro. =( I keep repeating Rimmel Lycra Pro all over my nail polish posts. =P



As mention, that beautiful, beautiful blue hue is present even when you look at the pain on the brush.

The hue adds on to the pearlescent tone of the paint, and gives a really nice there but not there (because this color is so nude) polished, luxurious finish. From far, you would see my nails as just shining with a tinge of blue, but very natural and nude.

Unfortunately, butter LONDON does not have a one-coat-opaque formula for their nail polishes, and I had to do 3-4 times to get that color in the bottle. Nevertheless the 2-coats look is still very nice, as in the first photo, because of the blue hue.

Also unfortunately, the formula is not quick-dry, and it took me about an hour to make sure the two coats are dry. Quite disappointing.

I bought another color that is a hot pinkish red, called Macbeth. We shall see if the formula for that is equally slow-dry.

I can't say if I really like this or not, because it is my first time applying. So the review will come when I've tried Macbeth. Basically, I like Hen Party for the unique hue and color but I don't like that it is not opaque and disappointingly not true to the color in bottle and also disappointingly not quick-dry.

Nevertheless, if you wish to get butter LONDON in Singapore, it is available at Takashimaya, B1, where the bath and toiletries items are.

Just a heads up on more nail polish news! If you're in Singapore and dying to try a-England nail polishes like me, SG Nails is now selling it, together with brands like Models Own and Scotch Naturals, at very reasonable prices. (You can buy a-England off their website for 9 GBP, with free international shipping too.)

They have also restocked many of their own SG Nails blends, that I swear by. I have blogged about two of them, Purely Logical which is a bright apple green, and Outed by a Probot which is a sky blue, both with high glitter. In fact, they are so good, they have run out of many colors even though I check only 6 hours after the announcement of release. T_T So be quick if you want one!

Have you tried butter LONDON? Aside from the beautiful color, what do you think of it? Which color is your favorite?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar