Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Dior Diorshow New Look Mascara


After my outstanding experience with Dior's Extase I thought I'd move right onto another Dior mascara, ready to be wowed again! Could any mascara live up to Extase, though?

Pictured is the sample sized version of the mascara

DiorShow New Look is Dior's most recent mascara launch. The full-sized version comes in quite a large tube for a rather surprisingly small wand. The wand is plastic with two differently 'spiked' parts. The top is more dense while the bottom 'spikes' are more spread out in a few straight lines.


The plastic wand definitely helps keep the lashes separate and clump free. It adds the tiniest amount of volume and a decent amount of length. It is build able to the point where you can get fairly decent results by adding a few extra coats. It's nothing super impressive, but it's nice enough and very work appropriate.


While the finished look is decent enough, the problem I have with this mascara is wear time. It smudges. A lot. I've almost never had any mascaras smudge on me so if this is a problem you struggle with, this should certainly be a red flag. Without fail, every time I wore this (and I put it properly to the test wearing it every day for two weeks!) I ended up with black smudges both under and over my eyes. Not a good look. That being said, my friend loves this mascara and says she can barely even get it off at the end of the day.. Her skin is more dry while mine is on the normal to oily side, that could possibly be the culprit. Either way it seems it could be different for everyone so I can't guarantee this will or will not smudge on you, but here's the heads up anyways!


All in all, it gives a decent look, but with the constant smudging I will not be purchasing this again and I certainly can't recommend it. Dior's Extase mascara however, is a direction I'd gladly point you in if your in the market for a new high-end mascara!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar