Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Neil LaBute Wants to Tell Me Something


After filmmaker/playwright Neil LaBute wrote a controversial article for the Los Angeles Times about how white actors are unfairly denied opportunities to play characters of color in the theater, I wrote a controversial response for no reason other than the fact that I could. In my entry, I used various words to describe LaBute's article and/or LaBute himself, including "diatribe," "race-baiting," "arch," "long-winded," "vitriol," "contemptuous," and "the devil." I also suggested that LaBute needed "a good ass-kicking" and pointed out that his piece was suspiciously timed, given the fact that his play, Fat Pig, had just opened at the Geffen Playhouse in L.A.

Three weeks later, I received a personal e-mail from...Neil LaBute! When you see a personal e-mail from Neil LaBute sitting in your inbox, you fear for your life. I immediately called up two of my friends and told them, if I mysteriously disappeared, then I wanted them to investigate Mr. LaBute. And if I turned up dead, they would be responsible for avenging my death. I'm not sure what that would involve, really, except maybe writing fake, angry, taunting letters signed with Mr. LaBute's name and sending them to Aaron Eckhart.
Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar